Mini-Zine March is, my friends, over!
I have enjoyed making all four of these zines so much, and I will definitely make more in the future. I am actually working on a longer one right now, and absolutely loving it! I can’t wait to share it with you all.
Anyway: what have I learnt?
- I have learnt that I can make people cry with the power of my words! (Sorry, Mum.)
- I have learnt that my friend really loves zines and grabby hands are an actual thing. (Hey, Natalie! 😉 )
- In all seriousness…
- I have learnt that I can write what I want and people will still read it. I really, honestly do not have to write for an audience. I am my own audience, and I will own it.
- I have learnt that I really, really love my teeth. I might do a full post on this at some point in the future, but writing this zine was so fulfilling and meant a lot for me (so I hope you’re all grateful that I blogged about it too! :P). I would like to write more poems about my teeth, and my face and body in general, as well as blog posts in the future.
- I have learnt that you should always draw in pencil before you draw in pen because it goes wrong. Like, a lot.
- I have also learnt that it is okay to be afraid and still put your writing out there. Lots of writers get afraid.
- I have learnt to not be too serious with myself. Take this poem, for example:
- They know that this photo
but they do it anyway
It comes out beautifully,
which is just as well
for the lone poet in the future.
- What does this poem mean? Ha. Jokes on you. Absolutely nothing. (Kind of like the photo it was based on!)
- They know that this photo
- I have also learnt what satisfaction with one’s work is. It’s jumping up and down in front of the printer and doing a little skip back to your chair in a crowded library and frantically texting people with, “LOOK WHAT I’VE DONE,” even though you were planning on waiting for the “big reveal” (whenever that was meant to be).
- I’ve also learnt that I really, really love making zines. And I ain’t stopping now.
Doing Mini-Zine March has been so rewarding for me, but of course you don’t have to wait until next March to do MZM! So here’s a challenge: make a mini-zine, on whatever you want! It’s as easy as that. (And feel free to comment it below!)
(Don’t know what the hell you’re doing? You can check out my other blog, Sprinkled With Words. At the moment, I’m running a mini-series about zines, and soon there’ll be a FREE downloadable template for you to make your own!)
And now, what we’ve all been waiting for: THE FLIP-THROUGH. Warning: this video includes weird music, my hand, and terrible handwriting!
Thank you, guys, for commenting, reading, and liking on my zine posts. I’m thinking of making the zines a buy-able bundle (and keeping prices as low as possible!). I might do it anyway, but if that is something you would like, please let me know in the comments below!
Other than that: tarrah, until the next time.
Mini-Zine March 2017.
(and a big thanks to Sea Green Zines. <3)