Hiya! This week my classes officially started!
So I’ve had my first lecture and my first seminar in everything. I was a little disappointed to find out that my contact hours (time spent with a teacher/professor) is 6 (I had thought it was 9, but I think
hope that we get workshops in the future!) but I have had a lot of work today. This week I have had to read a novel, Act 1 of a play, extracts totally around 25 pages and I also have a few other pages of stuff to read and a creative writing piece to do for Thursday. Phew! I’m enjoying it, but I’m still having doubts. I’m sure once I’ll get busier I’ll feel better.
I went into Norwich on Wednesday to meet the wonderful Natasha Pulley who is the author of The Watchmaker of Filigree Street! I shall have a blog post up next week, hopefully. 🙂
And that’s about it. I went swimming once, but I have fresher’s flu and don’t wish for an ear infection. Today I went to the library to work and that was my adventurous weekend.
This week, I…
I read 4 books this week! Not the one I was meant to, but there we go.
- The Assassin’s Blade by Sarah J Maas, a collection of 5 novellas which I loved. This is a prequel to the Throne of Glass series and tgkejhfsbjdkrufsdh. Yes.
- Saga Vol. 1 by Brian Vaughan and Fiona Staples is a graphic novel about two intergalactic lovers whose peoples are at war with one another. This graphic novel was amazing and beautiful and funny and horrifying and oh my gosh you should go and pick it up.
- Naomi and Ely’s No Kiss List by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan was, in my mind, stupid. Naomi and Ely were really annoying, dumb, pretentious and unlikeable main characters. The plot could have been interesting (Ely kisses Naomi’s boyfriend and it all gets messy) but the delivery was awful.
- The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson is a very long title. This book was okay, but I felt like it only got into the story about 80% in. Yes, really. Thankfully it’s so short you don’t notice much. I feel like a lot of this went whistling over my head.
- The Go-Between by LP Hartley was actually pretty great and pretty enjoyable. I had to read it for university. The characters were, I thought, interesting and the writing was really nice to read. It was a little pretentious in places and the notes were so long because there were an infinite number of references and stuffs that I just didn’t understand, but yeah, overall, a good read.
You can check out more and bigger reviews by heading to my other blog.
I didn’t actually write that much this week aside from in my creative writing class. However, I have an announcement:
I am planning on doing NaNoWriMo. I still have to plan my book idea (ah, well). I am also dropping and temporarily quitting my current novel because it isn’t working and I don’t want to carry it on at the point it is at. I want to restart, redo the first few chapters and yeah. I only wrote around 5k so I’m not losing much, but I feel so much better about quitting where I am which makes me think it was a good idea.
Who else is going to go crazy and NaNo with me? Feel free to add me MidnightBeast1098 but let me know who you are so I can add you back!
Gilmore Girls. Guys, I have been
obsessing over watching this awesome show on Netflix and I love it so much! I’m not much of a binge watcher so I haven’t got very far but yayyyyyy it’s here!
What’ve you been up to this week? What’ve you been reading, writing, watching? Let me know in the comments below and have a great week y’all! ❤