It is the evening of Sunday the 2nd October 2016 and you know what that means…
FRESHER’S WEEK IS OVER!
*sighs of relief across the country*
Fresher’s week has been absolutely manic (hence – I haven’t posted once). It has been (mostly) great, so here’s a general round-up of the highlights of this week:
- I met Natalie, Olwyn and my flat mates! I’m so, so lucky that all 12 of them (so far – one more coming tomorrow, I think?) are really nice and we’ve had a blast.
- I went to a club for the first time. Small town, introverted girl right here? You betcha. I actually really liked some of the music (made me ears hurt though) so it was really enjoyable at the same time.
- I got Fresher’s Flu. *cries* I basically just felt like crap for a couple of days.
- I went into Norwich city for the first time! I know, I know, I live here and I didn’t go until Saturday. But at least I went then! It seems like a lovely place, and I feel pretty safe here. There were more people than I expected, and it rained, but I can’t wait to explore it.
- I signed up for a swim pass! I’ve already been twice this week and I love it. It wasn’t particularly far, but today I swam 1150 metres, which is over a kilometre! I’m pretty proud of myself, especially as I haven’t swum (properly) in, ooh… 8 ish years? Now just to increase my speed and stamina!
- I’m getting my first taste of long-distance relationship. Obviously I don’t particularly like it, but it does give a fun sense of anticipation. Like, it’s really sad that it’ll be six weeks or so (perhaps) until we see each other… but guys it’s like six weeks or so whoooo!
- I went to my first silent disco! That was probably my favourite night at fresher’s.
- I signed up to the library. You know, all the necessities.
Obviously, I went to all of my lectures and I’ve been cooking (badly) and all the regular stuff that happens when you move into uni halls for the first time.
Fresher’s has been really fun, but I’m ready for my course to start now. I’ve ordered 4/? of my course books, and am waiting on my reading list. My first lecture is tomorrow, and I’m ready!
So here I am, off on a(nother) new adventure! I’m thinking of making an Instagram/blog to chronicle my time here (I’m more leaning towards Instagram, which is more manageable for me!) so stay tuned for that!
If you want to see my YouTube video of my moving to uni, then here you are:
Until the next time, folks.
Oh yeah. And this happened: