Hallo! I didn’t do this blog post last week because I was doing something else… at someone else’s, maybe? Who knows? I don’t!
I can’t really remember what I did this week which tells you one thing: I AM TIRED. VERY TIRED.
I met up with a friend I haven’t seen in a few weeks for a dog walk and took some lovely bookish pictures (if I do say so myself).
Jake and I went swimming! I haven’t been swimming in ages. I even did some diving! At UEA, where I’m heading too soon, they have an Olympic-sized swimming pool and I can’t wait to start swimming properly again. 🙂 (Although, swimming is such a weird word. I think it’s the double ‘m’. s w i m m i n g. Weird.)
I stayed over at another friend’s house and we watched Bill and played Sherlock Cludeo and a Discworld board game which was a bundle of fun.
I’ve also been to IKEA and done all of my student shopping! *screams* and today I have two new sticky taped boxes to take to university with me.
I read 4 books this week!
- Heir of Fire by Sarah J Maas. This is book 3 in the Throne of Glass series and I really loved this! It was my favourite of the series until I read…
- …Queen of Shadows by Sarah J Maas, book 4 in the series! (okay so it’s actually a toss up between books 3 & 4 so far as to which is my favourite.) This was such a fantastic book and I bought book 5 a couple of days ago so I can’t wait to see where it takes me!
- One by Sarah Crossan. This is a beautiful book told in verse. It made me tear up, definitely, and think. It’s definitely a style of book I want to write – it was just so beautiful to read!
- Stuff that Sucks by Ben Sedley. This was such a quick read (89 pages) and it’s a self help book focusing on Acceptance and Commitment Therapy. It’s the first time I’ve heard of this therapy, but it seems like it could really help me so I’m glad I picked up this book!
I… um… Still haven’t done anything on my novel (I’M SORRY!). I’m planning on doing a little bit tonight after I’ve caught up on book reviews, so there should be something here next week, but we’ll see. However, I did write a fanfiction about a character in Heir of Fire (Sorscha) if you want to see ;P
This week, I posted…
- …about the top ten books I would LOVE to see as TV shows! *fingers crossed*
- I wrote about my friendship fears at university…
- And I also did my August wrap up for 2016 🙂
Not bad, posting wise. I would like to post more next week but I have a busy week ahead of me, so we’ll see!
Today is September 11th… or 9/11 as it is also known. My thoughts go to those still mourning on this day.