In August, I came back from France firstly! That was a great holiday. I also went away with my family to a caravan park and we took our dog on her first holiday! ❤ You don’t know joy like a dog on holiday. It’s incredible.
I also got my A level results and got a nice ABB and a B in EPQ 🙂 I’m going to university! (I was already because I had an unconditional but everything has suddenly accelerated and it’s quite scary to be honest.)
Also… my cat, Scooby, was killed in August. It’s been really hard to get through it, especially as it was so unexpected. He was a little mischief maker and is missed by his whole family.
I read 11 books and one graphic novel in August!
- The Silver Pigs by Lindsay Davis. 4/5. This book was the first in the Marcus Falco Roman mystery series! It was a really good book but I felt like I didn’t know enough context to really enjoy the book.
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by JK Rowling, Jack Thorne and John Tiffany. ?/5 I don’t know how to rate this one! On the one hand, I loved going back to the wizarding world. On the other hand, I felt like the plot was cliche and horrendously lacklustre… What’re your thoughts?
- Reasons to Stay Alive by Matt Haig. 5/5. This is a brilliant self-help memoir, and I would definitely recommend it. It’s written brilliantly.
- Death Comes to Pemberley by PD James. 3/5. I didn’t really get into this one until the last 100 or so pages but it was a neat mystery. Something just wasn’t quite right for me…
- The Teenage Guide to Stress by Nicola Morgan. 4/5. Although a couple years too late for me, this was a really nice self-help book and I would definitely recommend it to teens. It wasn’t particularly specific, but it covered a lot.
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas. 4/5. This book didn’t blow me away, but I still really enjoyed it nonetheless!
- The Host by Stephanie Meyer. 2.5/5. The characters in this book were definitely more developed than Twilight, but it wasn’t brilliant, and I felt like it was too long.
- Ms Marvel Vol 1. 3.5/5. This was a great comic! The plot was a little lacklustre, but the character building was great. 🙂
- Crown of Midnight by Sarah J Maas. 4.5/5. These books are definitely getting better as they go along! This was a great sequel to TOG.
- Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare. 5/5. Argh. My feels. The epilogue broke me. I loved it.
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. 3/5. This book put me into a mini slump hence the rating, but it was actually a beautiful book and I think if/when I reread it, my rating will definitely go up.
- The Probability of Miracles by Wendy Wunder. 3/5. Despite being a novel about something heartbreaking, I wasn’t that moved and I felt like there was something missing. Bleugh.
I had a lot of 3 star reads this month which is a bit meh but ah well. I read all that I wanted to, though!
I started my next novel! I want to write more and (hopefully) get the first draft finished by NaNoWriMo because hgajrikfand I love these characters. I’m only up to 5k at the moment though, but I want to write more asap!
In September… *gulp* I am going to university! I’m so nervous which is kind of overtaking my excitement at the moment, but I hope that that changes soon!
Obviously, I also want to be doing more writing too, so here’s hoping for that! 😀