Hiya! This week I am tired.
On Tuesday, a bunch of friends and I went to a pottery painting place for my friend’s birthday party! It was hilarious to see three eighteen year old boys looking awkward surrounded by breakable pieces of china. I painted a Harry Potter-themed mug which, once it’s out of the kiln, I’ll be able to show you! I also painted a little owl 🙂
Thursday was results day! I met up with some friends for brunch, cried a lot, went out for lunch with my boyfriend and my family, cried a lot, and had a trip to the bookstore. And cried a lot.
Friday was raining. I went to my boyfriend’s house and us and a couple of friends played Harry Potter-themed Minecraft! (My HP game has been strong this week.) It was so good guys. WHY HAVE I NOT BEEN PLAYING MINECRAFT MORE OFTEN?!
Anyway, we also went out for dinner and then went to the pub because one of our friends is moving to Italy. As you do.
And I’m going out again tonight but not too late because I’m so tired! I’ve been more sociable this week than I have for the entire summer…
- I finished Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas on Monday! I can’t wait to read the rest of the series. 4/5
- I also read The Host by Stephanie Meyer which had my shaking my head and rolling my eyes but also really good themes addressed too so I’m really conflicted. 3/5
- And finally I read the comic Ms Marvel Vol 1 which I got from the library (comics are so expensive. Why). The plot, I felt, was a bit lacklustre, but the character of Kamala was so good ❤ 3.5/5
My writing week was abysmal. As in, I didn’t write anything. Oops?
I am about to go and try and edit a short story, but I’ve just been too tired and busy to write this week. HOWEVER, next week should be quieter and I’m aiming for 10k by Friday, when I go on a long weekend break 🙂
I didn’t post as much as I wanted to this week. I wanted to write a lot, but I just didn’t have anything I wanted to write about! Anyway, here is what I did post.
- I discussed what I got out of sixth form other than exam results, and why results aren’t everything
- And I also, finally, posted about going to university! It was all about education this week, folks.
Have you seen that JK Rowling is publishing new Harry Potter books?! Note I say publishing and not writing because these are going to be collections of short stories/fictional essays about the HP world! I am really, really excited for this because I didn’t get to read all of the content on Pottermore before it was taken down so yay! I might write a longer post about this in the future, but here is my snapshot before then 🙂
Have a great week, folks!