It’s Top Ten Tuesday! [A meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.] And you know what that means…
- Despite it being one of my favourite series’, I only read Harry Potter a month before the final film came out! I know, it’s crazy, right?! Still, I managed to read all 7 books and watch all 7 films before the final one came out and I’m still super proud of that.
- I really, really love Westerns and historical fiction, but… I’ve actually read mostly YA this year. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve loved it, but I’ve only read one Western. Some Westerns are really old though, and I struggle with the writing style which is a tad annoying.
- I once dropped a library book in the bath. It was one of the Percy Jacksons, perhaps the 4th or 5th and I felt awful and thought I was going to have to pay for it. Thankfully, I had a great school librarian. (I don’t tend to have baths anymore.)
- I can’t break the spines anymore! Before, I used to just break the spines and be over with it, but since the last year or so I just feel really bad about it. Yes, I’m having feelings about sliced up trees. LEAVE ME. (jk, jk, come back)
- I hit my friends with books if I like them. Like the books, not my friends. I mean, I like my friends too. But if I like the book and I want you to read it… run. Now.
- I’ve never really gotten into audiobooks. Aside from the fact they’re super expensive, I always get confused/struggle to listen to them. The bus is really noisy and it’s not like I can write and, uh, read at the same time. Unfortunately.
almostalways listen to my boyfriend’s book recommendations. I’ve read a few that he’s leant me now and they’ve been so good. Good Omens even made it onto my top ten books I read in 2015.
- I use bookstagram, and I think it’s definitely helped me to read more. I just seem to swallow books nowadays. If I’d been reading like this at the start of the year, that would have been impressive.
- I keep thinking of books to write, and then finding them on the shelves. I have to admit, it’s getting rather repetitive. Leave some for me, lovely authors!
- I spot-collect Black Beauty and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I have 3 copies of the former and 4 of the latter. I also spot-collected Pride and Prejudice
withfor my mum and we have about 21 copies I think! I’m going to catalogue them here if you’re curious.
So there you have it! What’re some bookish facts about you?
Oh, and fact number 10.5: this is essentially my reaction when I see books:
(In that order)
Until the next time, folks!