Ok so there’s no doubt about it – books are amazing. Who knows where we would be without books. You wouldn’t be able to look up how to spell that word, or read about your new favourite character doing amazing things. WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF WE HAD NO FICTIONAL CHARACTERS TO FALL IRREVOCABLY IN LOVE WITH?! (Disaster, that’s what.)
Here is a not-complete list of what would happen if books disappeared:
- Lots of bookworms would get sunburnt climbing out of their nests to search for the last paperback on earth. (That actually sounds like an epic story. COPYRIGHTED!)
- Authors would just wander around aimlessly BECAUSE WHAT DO YOU DO WITH ALL OF THE WORDS IN YOUR HEAD NOW THERE IS NO WHERE TO PUT THEM!?
- Everyone would be frantically hoarding their notebooks BECAUSE WHAT IF THEY DISAPPEAR TOO?!
- Kindle users would cry because even electronic books have vanished into the ether.
- Collectors would cry because all that money… gone… And all of those prized books!
- WE WOULD LOSE SO MANY AMAZING WORLDS AND STORIES.
- (This one’s irrelevant but I think I might actually cry at the mere thought of losing all of the books in the world.)
- There would be an epic quest to find why they had disappeared and GET ALL OF THE BOOKS BACK.
Basically, if all books in our world disappeared, it would be a sad, quiet, and lonely place. Books are, to some, saviours, things that understand us and we can read these words, create worlds and friends in our heads, and sometimes even read back through the centuries, and even the millenniums (I’m looking at you Homer, whoever you were). Books are incredibly and we definitely should not take them for granted.
Love yourselves and love your books!