So it’s the end of the month again! I’ve missed the last few Previously In My Lifes… but there we go. (Sorry.) The least I could do was post a monthly wrap-up! ;D
Well, I turned 18 this month, so that was fun! But overall… I really haven ‘t done that much this month because I have been revising. That sucks. But there we go.
I’ve been to the beach this week! And also to see X-Men: Apocalypse! (IT WAS AWESOME, YOU GUYS SHOULD TOTALLY GO AND SEE IT.) James McAvoy was AMAZING and the whole film was awesome and I punched my boyfriend when Wolverine came on (it’s in the trailer!) and, oh, what’s that… am I liking Jean Grey? *gasp*
May wasn’t a bad month, it just wasn’t very adventurous! Although I did embark on a new adventure, by leaving college on May 27th! I’m excited for university, but right now I’m more excited for the epic summer ahead of me. Less than a month, and I’m off on holiday!
I read 11 books (plus 3 manga volumes not mentioned here!), which is a lot more than I expected!
- Trials of Apollo: The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan
I REALLY LOVED THIS ONE AND HELLO BOOK #2 ASAP PLS.
- Percy Jackson and the Lightening Thief: The Graphic Novel by Rick Riordan
I really liked reading this in graphic novel form! It reminded me how much I’ve forgotten… I really need to re-read the series!
- The Elite by Kiera Cass
A quick YA dystopia read, #2 in The Selection series. I know how it ends so a lot of it was expected… but I still want to read book 3.
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
THIS ONE WAS TOTALLY AWESOME. I LOVE IT SO MUCH AND I CANNOT FORGET ABOUT IT.
- Civil War by Mark Millar
The comic that inspired the film (I think?)! I found a lot of it confusing (it missed out a lot of comics) but it was still interesting and gruesome as Marvel generally is…
- The Light Keepers by Mande Matthews
This was a novella I got for free on Kindle. It wasn’t anything special, but I enjoyed it anyway.
- Dear Amy by Helen Callaghan
This was an ARC, and it was absolutely INCREDIBLE. I completely recommend this.
- These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly
I adored this book. This was so so awesome and is such a great YA historical fiction crime novel (that’s a lot of genres tbh but it’s a great book).
- Through the Woods by Emily Carroll
This was such a great graphic novel. Utterly captivating, and yet completely terrifying.
- Starry Sky vol. 1 by Haru Minagawa
This was a sweet but confusing manga (too many guys to keep track of) but hey it was good, and I was intitially interested because it’s about an astronomy university.
- How to Fall in Love by Cecelia Ahern
This was such a sweet book, and came at a time when I really needed it. 🙂 (Flawed, her first YA, is on the way!)
(I also acquired… 12 new books. OOPS!)
I started a new short story this month, but didn’t finish it… You may remember my May Writing Challenge post? Yeah, that flopped like a floppy thing.
I’ve written a few pieces of flash fiction and started a new short story collection on Wattpad, but that’s about it. I’ve been taken over by revision and to choose between writing and reading – I can write flash fiction, but writing a lot is just too stressful.
Roll on July when I’m out of college and into the summer!
Guys. May was my best month since this time last year. THIS TIME LAST YEAR.
Thank you all so much for commenting, liking, following, viewing… EVERYTHING! I also hit 100 followers so thank you so much for that too!
- There were 206 views and 92 individual human beings who viewed my blog in May! Thank you so so much!
- I published 14 posts – my most popular was the A-Z of Books Challenge!
- The country who most viewed my posts was the United Kingdom…
- …and thank you to the one person from Spain, the Philippines, Germany, Romania, Denmark, St. Lucia, Austria and Colombia who viewed my blog!
- And thanks to the one person who clicked on a link sending you to my boyfriend’s blog (The Desolation of Baug). I’m sure he’s very happy. 🙂
I want to blog more, next month. In the past two weeks, I severely lacked in posting… I want to try and get 1 post per 2-3 days. That sounds reasonable to me!
I also want to completely my drawing and flash fiction challenge on Wattpad. Should be fun!
And obviously I’ve been overcome with exams, but I’m pretty sure I can nail this, so I’m going to keep on going and looking forward to summer on the other side!
I hope you all had a good month and I wish you the best for the next!