IT’S THAT TIME OF THE WEEK AGAIN. This week I discuss flash fiction, my failure of a May writing challenge and EXAM STRESS.
This week basically revolved around college, college work and that was about it.
Oh, and A Court of Mist and Fury.
I’ve been very stressed this week – it completely doesn’t help that I have the most awful PMT/PMS which just makes the whole thing a bunch more dreadful. My first exam is in a week, and I’ve just been so tired and downhearted at the weekends that I struggle to work… 😦
However, I did bake cookies today (real life cookies) so that’s pretty great.
Until this Saturday, I’d only read one book, which I finished Saturday morning. And then the weekend happened…
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
This was ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE. Stay tuned for my post next week about it! These books just mean so much to me, ALREADY!
- Civil War by Mark Millar
This was a comic book kindly leant by my lovely boyfriend (<3) and I really enjoyed it although some of the characters were confusing and it ended abruptly! That kinda made sense after I read a couple of Goodreads reviews and learnt that it was only a few of all the Civil War comics out there! Still, it was good! 😀
- The Light Keepers by Mande Matthews
This was a novella I picked up for free on Kindle. I didn’t like it at first, but I kind of warmed up to the characters at the end. The fight scenes were a bit lacking too which was sad. 😦 I may pick up the actual books in the series but it’s not a pressing TBR!
This week I wrote over 1000 words of my current short story. I was planning on finishing it this weekend, but yeah that didn’t happen. NEXT WEEK. I AM SO CLOSE, I CAN DO THIS.
I was intending to write 4 stories in my May Writing Challenge, which clearly hasn’t happened but I want to try and get 2 done. I’m halfway through the month so I think that might be doable!
I also wrote and entered a story into the Ad Hoc Fiction flash fiction competition – it’ll be posted here on Tuesday, so make sure you check that out!
I don’t think I posted anything until Friday (oops) but I managed to do a couple of posts this week!
- I wrote about the Writers Life in the #WritersLife tag which was actually a post that’s been sitting in my drafts for some time so I just published it because it wasn’t doing anyone any good not being out in the world! There’s some fun trivia for you.
- I had a downwards turn and wrote about wishing I wasn’t a writer. You’ll be pleased to know that I revoked that before I even finished the post, but the point still stands that occasionally we all feel like that.
- And finally today I posted my A – Z Books challenge! I had great fun with this, and you guys should definitely give it a go!
There are good days and hard days for me – even now. Don’t let the hard days win.
– A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
Stay cool, folks.