1. Write Fuel: What do you eat/drink while writing?
I drink a lot when I’m writing. I try to write in chunks (such as two half hours, or a 45 minutes) and during a break I almost always desperately need the loo because I will drink a 750ml cup in about 30 minutes when I’m writing. It’s always squash, but I sometimes have a tea, coffee or hot chocolate, too. I don’t eat much, save mints.
2. Write Sounds: What do you listen to while writing?
Anything on my iPod, usually, although I’ve been using YouTube too. I like soundtracks, Frank Turner and Skinny Lister at the moment. 🙂
3. Write Vice: What’s your most debilitating distraction?
Uh, the internet. In general.
4. Write Horror: What’s the worst thing that’s ever happened to you while writing?
Writers block! *Screeches loudly* Or that panicky moment when you think you’ve lost your manuscript and it’s just saved as “dshfjksfhsjk” instead.
5. Write Joy: What’s the best thing that’s ever happened while writing or how do you celebrate small victories?
I won my college’s writing competition for non-fiction writing and that was pretty damn awesome. I entered for the fun of it and with a rushed article, so it was an amazement to even be a finalist!
Well, I cried when I finished An Icy Collision and also when I completed NaNo 2014. I am a very emotional person, apparently. I celebrate victories by punching the air!
6. Write Crew: Who do you communicate with or not communicate with while writing?
Recently, only my boyfriend, but I used to have a great writing buddy! I talk to another friend, too, but actually during my writing time, I try not to talk to anyone because it is so distracting and I write in bursts. I’ll post on Twitter too. 🙂
7. Write Secret: What’s your writing secret to success or hidden flaw?
Secret to success?! Uh, I don’t know. Be yourself? Let your voice – whatever that is – shine through? Those sound massively cliché, but I guess they’re true. I think my hidden flaw is making characters too mainstream, or being disappointed if they don’t come out the way I want. For example, I want the character I’m writing at the moment to be more sarcastic and more detached, but she’s just turning out to be “secretly” kind. xD
8. Write-spiration: What always makes you productive?
9. Write Peeve: What’s one thing writers do (or you do) that’s annoying?
Complain and procrastinate. I mean, complaining isn’t really annoying because then we’re all just wallowing, but procrastination is. The complaining thing is more for other writers, and the procrastination thing is definitely mind!
10. Write Words- Share one sentence from a project. Past or present.
“With an almost audible gasp, spears left their hands and the two tribes descended into the murderous rampage of war once again.”
So there you have it! Feel free to do the tag if you want to. 🙂