Not only does Previously In My Life… get a new make-over: SO DOES THE MONTHLY WRAP UP! This is an overall view of my month, not as detailed as my weekly wrap-ups but might include some ‘fun stuff’ anyway ;D You never know…
This month was a bit meh. Sure, I had some highlights. But there were some really bad bits, too.
- It was my and Jake’s joint birthday party! I had a great time, even though I lost at skittles which sucked because Jake came second… Darn it!
- We also had a movie night and watched X-Men: First Class which is like my favourite film ever so that was great.
- SPEAKING OF MARVEL I SAW CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR LAST NIGHT AND I DON’T NORMALLY DO FILM REVIEWS BUT STAY TUNED BECAUSE ARGH IT WAS AMAZING SO A POST ON IT IS COMING UP.
- Sadly, a friend of my family’s passed away, and as she was part of my next door neighbour’s family, it’s been rather difficult. I haven’t blogged about her passing but that’s why my blogging has been rather erratic.
- Speaking, however, of blogging, I have been getting back into it since I started doing my weekly wrap-ups again so that’s been wonderful. I’ve done 12 posts this month (not including this one) which is up from 5 in March!
- I came back from Greece and I miss it like nobody’s business.
I read a grand total of 8 (and a half) books and 1 comic series this month!
- King of Ithaca by Glyn Iliffe (like the most difficult to spell name ever): 4.5/5
- Burial Rites by Hannah Kent: 5/5
- Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli: 3.5/5
- Arsenic for Tea by Robin Stevens: 5/5
- Wonder by RJ Palacio: 5/5
- Born to Run by Michael Morpurgo: 4.5/5
- The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants by Ann Brashares: 5/5
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas: 500/5
- Revelations of Terror (Doctor Who comic): 4/5
The best book I read this month was definitely A Court of Thorns and Roses – I can’t stop thinking about it! Honestly, Tamlin and Feyre have been in my thoughts for the whole week and it’s ruining me.
I’m also currently reading Equal Rites by Terry Pratchett. It’s great so far, and I can’t stop reading!
EDIT: I read 9 books this month – I finished EQUAL RITES at about 11:30 last night, just in time! 😄
Aside from a lot of blog posts (I’m talking like way more than normal here) I didn’t actually write too much to be honest with you. HOWEVER:
- I wrote a five word story on Instagram.
- I have a new novel idea! I’m not revealing too much yet because I don’t know much, but I will update you as it comes to me. It’s hopefully going to be fantasy which should be so much fun. 😀
- I also wrote a 50 word story today for a penpal:“Dotdotdot dashdashdash dotdotdot. I followed the flashes in the dark. On the mountainside, a handsome young man stared up at me, scared and cold. “P-please,” he chattered. I rolled my eyes and carried him back down the hillside in the snow. Third one this week and it was only Tuesday.”
- And that’s it, really! I don’t think I’ll do much more next month (BECAUSE EXAMS) but I’d like to maybe to one short story per week? I think that’s manageable!
"T'would seem I'm in love." – 5 word story for #ReadathonStory #readathon mini challenge. My gorgeous boyfriend and the gorgeous bookshop. I think I'm allowed to say I love my own story but if you want to know why – it's so ambiguous. Love has so many different meanings and hidden mysteries. I think it's the point of life to discover them.
These are the monthly, behind-the-scenes blogging stats that fascinate me endlessly.
- Someone found my blog via “dofe i survived”. I am proud of you, good sir.
- My three highest country views from from the UK (51), USA (37) and South Africa (9)!
- My three highest viewed posts were:
10 Brilliant Bookworm Delights
Previously in my Life… #5
Liebster Award! *le gasp*
- Overall I had 126 views, 78 visitors, 41 likes and 18 comments. Thanks so much everyone!
May, I reckon, is going to be tiring. My first exam is May 23rd, and then I leave college on May 26th. I have half term. And then it’s full steam ahead with 6 more exams… #notfun
So basically it’s all revision.
Aside from May 3rd because that’s my birthday! I’m actually excited to be a properly legal adult. I can do all of the legal stuff like drinking and voting! Yay. Except I can’t do the former because you know, I’ll be revising…
I’m also sad I haven’t been writing as often so I’m going to make a pact with myself and write a short story every week in May! That’s 4 in total, and say they’re all 2500 words – that’s 10k in a month! Perhaps I’ll make them linked. ;D Anyway, I’ll let you know how that goes…
And that’s me for this month. I’ll be posting my weekly wrap-up as normal tomorrow (especially because I’ve done a lot of posting this week!). Do I do too many wrap-ups? :L (Psst, that’s an opportunity to let me know!) What have you done this month? Anything fun? What’s been your favouritist thing? Let me know in the comments!
Oh, and before I forget: have a quote of the month and something cheery to leave this post on.