Eeeek! I was nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Enette at enetteventer! (That’s a link to her post btw.) I was nominated on Sprinkled With Words many moons ago but I’d never thought this little blog where I rant and chat about my writing (and even, shockingly, post some! That’s enough to make anyone run away screaming…) would get a nomination!
Yes, I am very excited.
OKAY, THE RULES (everything has rules *sigh*):
- Get nominated by someone (congrats to the three lucky people below!)
- Give 11 random facts about your glorious self.
- Answer the 5-11 questions the blogger has left for you.
- Nominate 3 other blogs and give them questions to answer too!
STEP ONE: COMPLETE
STEP TWO: 11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT MYSELF
- My alarm goes off at 6:30 on a college day. I don’t normally arise until 6:45, but that’s not the point. I’M TRYING.
- I wear glasses. And have done since I was… 11? Maybe? I’m only just growing into them and loving them now, though, I used to hate them.
- Frank Turner is my favourite artist. Whoo! Here’s a link to one of his favourite songs of mine.
- I started this blog in 2014! 2 days before the end of it, in fact.
- One of my new favourite authors is Robin Stevens. She wrote Murder Most Unladylike and I’m just about to start book 2 of that series, Arsenic for Tea.
- It’s my dream to be an author, but I’m happy to just work with books. Such as in a publishing house or as a reviewer or as an agent or in a bookstore (THAT WOULD BE AMAZING).
- I’m a very big procrastinator. I should be working right now.
- I want to start another writing challenge thing tonight. Stay tuned for a future post. It’s a defeat-writer’s-block bootcamp. Thing.
- I’m annoying sometimes.
Me: *annoying my boyfriend*
Me: “I need three more facts about me?”
Boyfriend: *without missing a beat* “You’re annoying sometimes.”
- I am very clumsy. Spinning around in my spinny chair (*cue “WHEEEEEE” sounds*) I just whacked my knee on the metal pole holding up the table.
- My boyfriend and I have been together for a year and a month. And we haven’t murdered each other yet! It’s a miracle!
STEP THREE: ANSWER THE QUESTIONS THE BLOGGER HAS LEFT FOR YOU (thank you, oh kind blogger)
- Are you a coffee or a tea drinker?
THIS IS SO HARD BECAUSE I AM BOTH. Um… Right now, I’d go for tea or a latte, so… If we’re talking straight tea or coffee though, definitely tea.
- What is your favourite Disney movie and why?
I have a confession: I haven’t seen that many Disney movies! *Screams* One of my favourite is Tangled, though.
- What would you call your most useful talent?
Apparently, it’s being the glasses supplier to make my boyfriend look cool. But… hm… I honestly have no idea. Placating the wild beasts I live with?
- If you had to place yourself in a stereotype box, what would you be?
Uuh… Young aspiring author? Is that a stereotype? (Answer: probably.)
- What was the kindest thing anyone has ever done for you?
uuuuuuuuh……. Just being there for me, I think. ❤
- Are you a movie or a series kind of person?
MOVIE. Unless it’s a good series, or one I am invested in (aka Doctor Who, OUAT). Or one I’ve just started. I am sh*t at catch up.
- What was your first pet?
My first pets were two gorgeous cats called Tasha and Marmaduke.
- Have you ever expected to dislike a book and then turned out liking it? What book?
I can’t actually think of one off the top of my head, but I expect it was a graphic novel/comic book, because before I started reading them I didn’t expect to like them at all. For some reason, if I saw them in magazines they always gave me headaches and made my nose hurt. I don’t know why.
- What one song would you name the catchiest song ever?
Get Better by Frank Turner.
- What was the first book you ever bought with your own money?
One of the Rainbow Fairy series’? I mean “own money” would have been pocket money, so it was probably a children’s book like that.
STEP FOUR: MY NOMINATIONS
- Jake – he doesn’t post often, but his posts are hilarious. (*HINT HINT*)
- Nikki – I’ve recently fallen in love with her blog!
- Lipsyy – I look forward to her week in books every week! (and ok so she has more than 200 followers. shhhh)
- Why is your favourite colour your favourite colour?
- If you were transported to the world of Gulliver’s Travels, what is a lie you would tell about yourself? (I’m talking about the movie here, sorry!)
- What is your least favourite M&M?
- If you could’ve written one of the books you loved reading, what would it be?
- What’s a green book on your shelf?
- If you could live in one TV show, what would it be?
- What’s the last song you listened to?
- What type of tea/coffee do you drink? Would you ever try anything else?
- If you could have any career in the world, what would it be?
- What would your super power be?
- Imagine you’re walking down the street and you bump into your favourite character/one of your characters. What is the first thing you say?
Thanks again to Enette for tagging me in this, I’ve had such fun! 🙂