Soooo my summer holidays started yesterday! Yay! I have until September 3rd to enjoy myself and have fun and be with friends and family and my boyfriend so I’m really looking forward to it! (Okay, so I have English coursework, EPQ and classics homework, but it doesn’t feel like homework really, so I’m not too bothered by that.)
Since last summer I’ve become so much more confident in myself both looks and personality wise, and I really want to have a great time over these next few weeks, especially now that exams and all that stress is done. Therefore, I’ve done a list of 5 things I want to do this summer and I really, really hope I can tick them all off!
- Have a proper summer picnic. I grew up on stories of Enid Blyton and, when I was older, old-fashioned movies like Nanny McPhee. I basically had imaginary picnics my entire childhood, but I’ve never had a real, proper summer picnic. I mean, wicker basket, ginger beer, triangle-shaped sandwiches and a picnic rug. It’s such a childhood dream of mine and I really want to fulfil it!
- Spend some quality time with my boyfriend. ‘Though I see Jake a lot at college, it’ll be great to finally see him outside when there’s no stress and even being in the environment of exams clearly takes its toll sometimes. Obviously the whole we-live-quite-far-apart-for-two-teenagers-who-can’t-drive thing is going to be difficult but our parents are all pretty rad so hopefully they’ll be nice and take us places when buses and trains are being bummers.
- Read some books on my TBR list. For my EPQ I’m due to read Narnia and Lord of the Rings anyway, but I’d like to re-read Harry Potter and I’m going to go through my bookshelves and read as much as I can. In the past week I’ve already read 3 books so I think I’m doing pretty well!
- Go to some cool places. Like the zoo, Portsmouth Historic Dockyards (I haven’t been since the new Mary Rose museum was put up (even though my whole family has, it’s so annoying!) and I want to take Jake), heck even the palace ruins at the bottom of my road! (Oh, and I think the library counts as one of the “cool places”!)
- Spend some quality time with my family (this was originally counted in #2 but I couldn’t think of a #5 ’cause I think I’ve covered everything I want to do in the next however many weeks). “Family” includes my close family but also grandparents because I haven’t seen them so much during exam period and everything else. My mum has been home since April but my dad goes away during the week for work and I haven’t seen much of my brother either. Should be fun, especially in America when they’re stuck with my for three weeks (MWHAHAHA)!
I hope you’re all looking forward to summer as much as I am. 🙂
(And I think this’d be pretty cool to do too)